Head-Up Display patents for real-time display of theinformation for safe driving
Overview of the patents
In conventional in-vehicle image display apparatuses (e.g., car navigation systems), it is not possible to display the image of the current view outside the vehicle during driving of the vehicle. Therefore, when the driver’s visibility becomes poor due to weather or when the driver’s eyesight is temporarily weakened, the driver may not be able to know exactly the circumstances around the vehicle.
This group of patents relates to a technology in which the circumstances around the vehicle during driving is accurately reproduced in real time by an image and such an image is displayed on the window.
We are looking for a company that will consider putting these patents into practical use.
Points of the patents
The display easily viewable by the driver can be achieved by highlighting a moving object, for example.
Even the circumstances far away from the vehicle can be grasped because such circumstances can be displayed on the near window.
Occurrence of accidents due to delay in risk aversion can be prevented.
Features of the patents
Speed (relative speed), location (position), and what it is like (shape) of the vehicle’s surroundings (person, car, etc.) are grasped (predicted) during driving, and such surroundings are displayed on the window in a timely manner.
The vehicle’s surroundings (person, car, etc.) are grasped during driving, each of them is properly identified (as a person, or as a car), and each is displayed on the window in a timely manner.
The vehicle’s surroundings (person, car, etc.) are grasped during driving, and are displayed on the window in a timely manner after adjustment of brightness regardless of whether it is light or dark.
The vehicle’s surroundings (person, car, etc.) are grasped during driving, and are displayed in a timely manner on the right door window when the vehicle is turning right and on the left door window when the vehicle is turning left.
The vehicle’s surroundings (person, car, etc.) are grasped during driving, and are displayed on the window in a timely manner, while ambient sound is stored and outputted from an in-vehicle speaker.
- The window state and the display state can be switched to each other.
- The above-described switching can be performed in accordance with the running speed of the vehicle.
- Rearward circumstances can be displayed on the windshield during backing of the vehicle.
- Display on the rear window is possible.
- Driving situation can be confirmed later.
- Display can be performed on the outside and inside of the window, and a message can be added on the outside display.
- Sound outside the vehicle can be heard.
- Determination of whether collision is avoidable is possible, and minimization of damage can be attempted when it is judged that collision is unavoidable.